martes, 5 de junio de 2012

Barcelona, Spain

Barcelona is the most populous city of the Autonomous Community of Catalonia and the second largest city in Spain, with a population of 1,615,908 in 2008, while the population of the Metropolitan Area was 3,161,081. It is located on the Mediterranean coast between the mouths of the rivers Llobregat and Besòs and is bounded to the west by the Serra de Collserola ridge. Barcelona is a major economic centre with one of Europe's principal Mediterranean ports, and Barcelona International Airport is the second largest in Spain after Madrid-Barajas Airport. The video begins before sunrise when I sail into Barcelona on the Sea Princess. After a beautiful sunrise I watch the many other ships sailing into the port for the day. Next I journey into the city and walk down La Rambla the main thoroughfare famous for its mimes. My walk continues past the Columbus Monument, a 197 foot tall monument for Christopher Columbus. The video concludes back on the Sea Princess as we sail away. My time in the city was limited as I spent most of the day at Montserrat which is an hours drive outside the city.